1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door lock modifications

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cameljok, Sep 15, 2010.

1. cameljok

cameljok New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello All,

I have seen threads about changing the behavior of the door locks, i.e., shift out of Park and the doors lock.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...cussion/65454-customizing-lock-functions.html

All of the data is in the 2010 Gen III section. I have tried it on my 2008 Gen II model and it didn't work after several attempts. I wanted to know is it user error or does it only work on the 2010 model.

Please help...

Thanks for the help... It's my first Prius and I love it...

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't think the Gen II has the capability. IIRC Coastal Tech has a mod for the Gen II that will lock the doors automatically, based on speed I *think*

1 person likes this.
  3. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There is not a programable method to lock the doors automatically on Drive or reverse. CoastalTech the last I checked last month has their product unavailable (even though you can order it and they take weeks to refund money). No ETA on if a product will be available.
    There are build your own.
    Prius Auto Lock

1 person likes this.