1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Lock Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Darryl P, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Darryl P

Darryl P New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This problem began a short while ago. It started with the keyfob not locking the left (driver) door from the outside and progressed into not locking the left door with the inside automatic switch. Now the left back door will no longer lock with the either device.

I think I have narrowed it down to the switch or the door solenoid, but I am lost on the possible problem in all honesty. Any help would be appreciated.

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    KK6PD likes this.
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The replacement motors are so inexpensive, I bought 2!
    They are safely stashed away in the Prius Kit, ready when I need them.
    Also is a print out of the referenced thread posted by nh7o.
    Bring it on, I can fix it!

4. prius-walla

prius-walla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hi
    you could try seeing if you have the same issue as me where my lock stopped working and once i released it i saw that the grease on the lock mechanism (the part visible on the edge of the door which clamps onto the locks latch) had hardened and this was making the mechanism stiff and difficult for the motor to move. i gave the lock mechanism a good clean and regrease and the movement is much softer and smoother now. worth a check

my thread is below:

stuck double locked rear door | PriusChat

5. Darryl P

Darryl P New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will try the motor problem, but I do know the 12v battery needs to be replaced. If this battery is weak would it prevent just one of the doors from unlocking or would it be a car wide problem?

6. Darryl P

Darryl P New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To continue my previuos thought, I may believe it is the 12v because all of the doors lock fine when in the ready position

7. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The 12V being low will definitely make which ever door has the stickiest grease, the longest (highest resistance) wires, or the weakest motor to act up first.

8. Darryl P

Darryl P New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been a great help. I will have to locate a battery to replace and hope that solves the door problem.