1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door lock recall, anyone get it yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by lohikaarme, Sep 6, 2024.

1. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Anyone get the door lock recall performed? If so, any issues after like rattles and whatnot? Seems pretty extensive to rip apart most of the doors. Extra suck for me because i need to cut off the rain guard as it 2way tape is stuck right on the part that gets replaced.

2. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Had it done Wednesday. Noticed a tiny bit of new noise by my head towards the end of my drive tonight. I think it was probably just the particular angle and speed of the wind and rain, but it could possibly be a misadjusted window. I'll pay special attention to any new noises tomorrow (15 more hours of driving home).

I suspect very few people will have issues. The doors are built well enough that you should be able to disassemble and reassemble them 3 or 4 times before issues develop.

(I've had my front doors apart that many times and the passenger door is just beginning to have issues because one of the plastic anchors is now half stripped out. If I have to take in apart again, I'll need to order a new anchor to prevent rattles.)

SM-S901U ?

RandyPete likes this.
  3. Approximate Pseudonym

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I have it scheduled for later this month, assuming they actually have the parts and time to do it.

4. Argyros

Argyros Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Scheduled for Saturday...will report in afterwards

5. Drew_priuschat

Drew_priuschat New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Already completed the other day, took about 4hrs and got my keyfob at the same time. No problems of yet

6. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I just got the paper letter late last week, will be scheduling it (with trepidation) this week. My experiences at the dealership have been not so great. Here's hoping it is uneventful.

will

7. flarecde

flarecde Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Mine's scheduled for next Tuesday. Not looking forward to sitting in the lobby for the five hours they anticipate it taking!