1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door Locking/unlocking issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tatania, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Tatania

Tatania Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Have had mine for about 4 days now. LOVE IT!

I really love the smart key function. Well today I go out to my car and hear the beep of "hello I recognize you"...but when I pull on the door handle the door won't open. Ok fine...so whip out the fob and hit the unlock..door still won't open. Make sure I unlock all doors and sure enough I can now open the rear door and hatchback, but still cannot open the driver side door. I whip the physical key and make sure the door is unlocked which it was. This time I yank on the door and it opens like it was stuck. There was nothing in the door like a seatbelt or anything that would wedge it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I figure I'll watch it and see, but thought I might ask here to see if this is a 'known' glitch.

2. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

It does not happen on mine. Perhaps you should get it checked?

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    No, this is not right...you need to get it checked out.

4. marcovi

marcovi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have been having the same problem for a few days.. Actually I left my key(FOB) on the handle inside the door where the window controls are and I got lock oouut!! But luckly the door reopen again by touching the handle.

I had several times to take the emergecy key and open it manually. Also I press the lock button on the FOB and the car doesnt do anything. I am pretty annoyed...

I have a new Prius 06 #8 (Fully loaded)

Has anyone else been having this problem?? Any Solutions?

5. Hybred

Hybred New Member

Marcovi, I was having similar problems only..sheepishly someone discovered that my long beep and inability to lock my car door was due to the hatch being open! Duh. Sorry wish I could be more help.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i had temporary problems as well but was a neighbors Wireless air station for his cable internet that she was beaming to her son that lived in the apartment across the way. my car just happened to be parked between the two apartments. have since moved from there and have not had a bit of problem since