1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB Door panel

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by KCobby, Apr 17, 2010.

1. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Looking for a front driver's side, inner door panel for a 2005. Need it in tan...let me know if you have something and how much you want. Just need the panel, no window or door electronics. Prefer it to be in excellent condition.

:thumb:

2. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I guess you already know, they are quite expensive new (my 2009 was about $750) I had a shoddy window tinter break my tweeter while tinting the window, he tried to glue it back on. He dripped glue all down the door . Of course it would not come off. They paid my insurance deductible and my insurance gave me a check (minus the deductible) for the remainder of the price and installation of the panel. I put the money in the bank. I had a detailer get most of the glue off without damaging the panel further. Money still in bank.
    good luck.

3. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :bump2:

4. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As you look for the panel, be careful as to what year Prius it came from. I'm not exactly sure on these dates -- so other members, feel free to clarify further -- but I believe the door panel through and including 2005 had a flat (not textured) finish on the top black section of the panel. Later years (I believe 2006 & after) have a textured surfact for the top black section.

5. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks for the info! You're correct that the 05 has a flat, smooth surface. Can anyone tell me whether the later models are indeed textured? Right now I have no leads, but I don't want to jump at something that might not be right.

6. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've always been an avid Sherlock Holmes fan, so how's this.

I went to eBay and looked at a few auctions for 2006 Prius's, and found one with a good picture of the interior of the driver's door. Below is the texture for the 2006.

[​IMG]