1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door protector moulding strips

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MO51, Jun 29, 2005.

1. MO51

MO51 Junior Member

I told a friend about having the 2004 Highlander front door protector strips installed on her Prius, since Prius does not offer this option directly. The tip came from this web site. Her dealer doesn't know where to install them. I thought they went in or near that horizontal groove on the doors. Any body got a clearer idea, or anyone had these installed, and can tell us what to tell the dealer? Thanks

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :idea: Search PriusChat on "Moulding" - you will find reference to Eddie Bell at ToyotaPartsNow. Eddie is a superior source for Prius items and has in the past arranged "group buys" at $89 per set of Prius Body Side Mouldings, color matched. The photos above provided are the style - narrow and, as I recall, mounted about 14" above the bottom of the doors. Not sure of plans for another "group" buy, but Eddie's mouldings are a good deal at his usual price. I believe these mouldings will cost you somewhat less than a Highlander set.

I ordered my Driftwood set, received in about 10 days and my Dealer body shop installed without charge.

4. clubmedic

clubmedic New Member

I've got the mouldings, but have an installation question. They come with two vials of adhesive accelerator, but the instructions don't mention it. Are they required?

5. DCDura

DCDura Junior Member

For those that have put the moldings on themselves...what his the height where the front and rear doors meet. I have mine ready to install, and see that the directions place one end at 13 inches and the other at 13 1/2. I think installation would be easier if the measurement in between was known...I don't have a straight edge long enough.

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would suggest that you line them up with the groove in the doors. I installed mine by lining up the tops of the wheel well, they work well but if I had it to do over again I would line them up with the side groove.

Locate the apex of the curve in the door and measure from that point to the top of the groove.

7. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

Can someone tell me where I can find the "Hybrid" decal shown in this picture? I have seen it in several other pictures, so I am assuming that it is not a custom item.

8. MHR

MHR New Member

Yes - one end at 13 inches and the other at 13 1/2. I used a wide blue painters tape along the entire length of the side of the car - checking it several times, and making minor adjustments to line them up. Taking careful attention to making sure the edges are perfect at the back of the front door and the leading edge of the rear door.

9. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    8) Howdy jandmayra...

We had two Prii at our Prius Meetup Group Sunday 7/31 who had the decals (see attached photos). Here's to contact to purchase them... (Don't know the prices)

Paul Demmitt - 9337 Angelina Circle - Columbia, MD
    [email protected]

10. DCDura

DCDura Junior Member

Thanks MHR. Where'd you get the side window vents. They look good.

11. MHR

MHR New Member

12. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

Thank you for answering my question, Charles Suitt. I will have to get approval from the co-owner, but I think they look neat. :)