1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Door won't close and latch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MoscowSam, Feb 1, 2009.

1. MoscowSam

MoscowSam New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Help, help, help!

The left rear passenger door will not close on my 2007 prius. :(

It goes "clunk" and will close not farther about one-half inch before being fully closed.

The latch mechanism on the outer edge of the door looks about the same, or maybe the same, as for the other rear passenger door when it is open.

The companion latching piece, on the body, does not look bent nor misaligned.

There was no "incident" occuring to which I can attribute this malfunction.

Thank you all in advance.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you sure the seatbelt is not caught in the door?

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Also make sure that the latch on the door is not cycled into the latched position.

Tom

4. MoscowSam

MoscowSam New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Tom: Yer probably right about latch being cycled to "closed" position. I used a screwdriver blade to manipulate the latch mechanism's orientation. Still, though, it took several tries and with more closing force by me than required on my three other doors. But I did get it to close/latch. I'm due this week for a 20,000 miles service, so I'm going to have them check the latching mechanism and the door's alighment. thank you.

5. nammie

nammie New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mine did the same a couple of times. All you need to do is push the button on the latch (the one you use to open the latch) to unlock the latch and try to close again.