1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Doors don’t stay locked if closed after locking.

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by grasshopper, Jul 4, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I just recently noticed that when I get out of my Prius and push the door lock on the outside of the door, any door that is still open doesn’t lock. I have the slowest Prius exiting person in the world who rides with me and I was pushing the black button on the driver’s side eternal handle to lock the doors before the passenger door was closed. Therefore the passenger door wasn’t locking. Now after parking, I sit in the car and leave it running until the worlds slowest Prius exiter gets out and shuts the door before I turn off the car and exit. Otherwise I will be standing out in the 100 degree heat and 95% humidity asking “what in the Sam hell, are you doing� :angry:

So, is there anyone out there that knows how, or if, I can program my Prius so that the doors will lock, and stay locked, even if the door is shut after being locked? All my other cars in the past (before I became Prius saved) would stay locked when the door was closed.

This could possibly keep me from killing her. So it’s kind of important to me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suggest just hitting the button on the remote/fob from the air conditioned comfort of your destination once you see that she has successfully completed her exit and closed the door.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 4 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]281082[/snapback]</div>

Thats a pretty good idea. :)

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 4 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]281085[/snapback]</div>
    I have one once every 7 years, just like Haley's comet!

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 4 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]281087[/snapback]</div>

I think thats 75 years!

6. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

wait till she's opened her door and then hit the lock button on the drivers arm rest and get out close your door and when she closes her door it'll be locked.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I was gonna suggest the power door lock option. That'll lock the doors, even those that are still open. I can tell you, I'm almost always the first one out. The passengers always take forever so I usually take my time now instead of my usual single passenger parking sequence lol.