1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dos Prius'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by thfrancis, Jul 30, 2007.

1. thfrancis

thfrancis New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I purchased an '07 magnetic grey #6 for myself in May. One side benefit was that it upped my "cool" factor with my sons.

My younger son had his 19th birthday this weekend and we were talking about how he will need to replace his aging Jeep Grand Jerokee soon, which we purchased used for him when he got his drivers license. In a moment of weakness I offered to buy him a Prius... After looking at the used Prius prices I somehow convinced myself that he might as well get a new one. By Sunday evening he was the proud owner of a black #2 with the grey interior. One factory option it had which I was not aware existed was an "applique" on the rear bumper with the word Prius surrounded by a carbon fiber looking graphic. It was part of the factory paint job, not a decal. He thought it was cool and it cost me an extra $65 bucks. Oh well.

On a side note, the dealerships out here are still selling the cars for invoice cost, so between the two cars I "saved" about $5,700. Lucky me. ;)

2. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats to you & your son! & you picked the coolest two color choices (they seem to go together well seeing that a few people have a black/grey in house!)

The bumper applique came on both our cars, if it wasnt there, Id have chosen not to have it!

3. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

Dang. All I got around that age was a suit case and a kick in the *** to get out of the house. Can you adopt me? lol

I really like that on the back bumper of my red 2007 Package 3 Touring Prius.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have the applique on Rudy... it looks good on the White, and I think it does reduce scratches on an otherwise vulnerable spot.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I drive a 1979 Ford station wagon for three years when I got my driver's license. I can' believe I'm envious of your son.

Congrats, though, on your two-Prius family.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    19th birthday?

Man.

Nothing that good for my birthday ever.

For High School graduation I got luggage. For college I had my choice of a used car or a sewing machine. Not being stupid, I chose a sewing machine. A Bernina 830 open arm with all of the attachments. I still have the machine and it has held it's value well. I'm sure if I had chosen a car it would long ago have become a resident of the nearest junkyard.

Black with gray is very cool. And you can sleep soundly in the knowledge that your son is safe with all of those airbags, is getting good mileage, helping the environment and that MFD screen is probably helping to improve his driving skills to the calmer and more mature.

7. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I hope my Mom gets me one for my 50th Birdhay, coming up in about 6 months. Yikes! Unless I get the Prius, I am afraid it is going to be a real let down.

8. thfrancis

thfrancis New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for your kind responses. My son has an apartment with his college roommates. After buying the car, he drove home with me and showed it to mom... Who knows when I will see it again? (I did see the insurance bill online- ouch). :rolleyes: