1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Double front parking camera

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ezio51, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Ezio51

Ezio51 New Member

Only two cameras are needed to connect to this device, and finally it will be possible to park easily, in front as in back.
    Somebody already tried this? It seems something new.

http://stores.ebay.it/CARDEMAND-NAVIGATION-ADAPTERS

This auction is for a CARDEMAND video converter unit that will allow you to add two video and audio sources to your factory navigation system or color information screen.
    The CARDEMAND converter comes with your vehicle specific harness that eliminates the need for cutting or making any kind of modification to your factory setup.
    The unit is operated by the touch screen and radio buttons no need for new switches.
    The units will come with instructions on how to bypass the factory lockout of some functions (such as address input) while the vehicle is in motion.
    CARDEMAND converter comes with two video inputs one dedicated to a backup camera.
    The input dedicated to the backup camera has a positive trigger that will allow the back-up camera to be displayed anytime it’s activated with a reverse signal.
    This unit is just a converter and will require a DVD player, back up camera, PS2, XBOX, or other sources. The unit is made using the highest quality material and comes in a metal case to prevent any kind video noise. The unit uses a video chip instead of relays like similar models.
    Our units are not navigation systems nor they replace your OEM navigation system, our units are only navigation video interfaces that require presence of OEM navigation system or color information screen. You will still need a video source such as DVD, XBOX, PS2, etc.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">All of our units come with vehicle specific installation manual, if you have any question about installation please email us at [email protected] or call us at 718-483-3959 we are open Monday thru Friday from 10am to 6pm EST.

Features: Built in color bar
    Input auto detection
    Digital conversion from input TV signals of NTSC, N4, PAL, PAL M, PAL N, SECAM, to output signals of NTSC-60Hz, PAL-50Hz
    Digital line (525 ~ 625 lines) and field (60 ~ 50 field) conversion
    6 M bit field memory

Specifications: Input Systems: NTSC, N4, PAL, PAL M, PAL N, SECAM
    Video Input: 1 Vp-p 75 ohm RCA terminal
    RGBS Output: RGB 0.7 Vp-p, SYNC: H+V 0.3 Vp-p 9 pin D terminal
    Output TV Systems: NTSC - 60Hz, or PAL 50-Hz (through switch setting on PCB)
    Sampling frequency: Y (13.5 MHz), R-Y (6.75 MHz), B-Y (6.75 MHz)
    Digital code bit: R (8 bits), G (8 bits), B (8 bits)
    Line: 525 ~ 625 Field: 60 ~ 50
    Power: DC 12V 300mA power wires
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used a pretty hectic setup involving a recording device (a computer) capturing the video signals and the computer outputting it via RCA to the LockPick3 in my 2006.

I think I'd prefer to save the extra step in the future and wire the camera directly via RCA to the LockPick3. Make sure your camera has its own IR illumination for near-total darkness, and don't let yourself get distracted from the road because you're driving around watching the screen instead of the view out the windshield :p

You'll love it. And if you put it where mine is (use the tow-eyelet hole) you have a benefit-drawback pair: the advantage is that you can watch the road from a NASCAR-like angle and feel like you're playing Super Mario Kart; the disadvantage is that you will have to do a LOT of work to prep the car for towing if you're ever in that situation.

But hey; when will my Prius break down to the point that it needs to be towed? HAH.

~ dan ~

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i like that fake photoshopped toyota logo to make you think it was a legitmate toyota part, its a nice touch

4. Ezio51

Ezio51 New Member

The unit is photoshopped, the display of Prius is also photoshopped.
    How can I believe to them?
    My first impression is that this unit is a fake.

5. fruzzetti

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you need to see a front camera, I can show you the view out of mine after work today.

~ dan ~

But I didn't use the part they claim exists here in this post.

6. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yeah

its probably a 5 1/4" floppy drive with a bunch of wires hanging out

that is what the box looks like

7. fruzzetti

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh God now i know what that is. You just made a light bulb go on and I actually took a good look at the picture. It's the kind of case you'd see on a half-size 240-watt ATX power supply, as made for Mini-ITX form factor computers.

~ dan ~

Now, whether there's actually a power supply in it is a question of who can see it from other angles.