1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Doug DeMiro on the BMW i3

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, May 6, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source:

This flawed report is getting some coverage by skeptics but there are problems:
    • Electronaut - is a limited edition, pre-2014 BMW i3-REx. He tested the oldest, possible model year, a limited edition, with the prices for a new, 2018 model. He reports the steering was imprecise which in a 4.5 year old, used, pre-production car without sharing the odometer, accident history, and quality of potholes is at best, a poor choice.
    • Return to center turn signal - return to center is a consistent control pattern for cruise control and wipers. It is pass-fail on the BMW IQ test.
    • Used car review with new car prices - this is beyond misleading. Replacement costs of used, end-of-lease BMW i3 are closer to $20k which is the price he should have used for the used car he tested.
    • REx is more than range extender - having done multiple 700 mi trips getting 40 MPG, the car handles cross country trips as easy as any motorcycle . . . the engine and tank in the REx.
    I'm not in the business of selling BMW i3s but this type of lame report is too easily picked up by skeptics. He set the stage when he used the old Prius complaint, 'egg shaped.'

Bob Wilson

ammdb likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the headline is correct at least.:cool:

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yea - no agenda w/ that guy ... just wondering - any relation to Bob "global warming's a crock of $hiĀ¶" Lutz?
    What's this guy's vehicle of choice .... the Suburban?