1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Downgrade From Prius Five to Prius Four

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by batie, May 26, 2011.

1. batie

batie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Enough! I am giving up on the Prius Five + Navigation that i ordered few months ago. The dealer was, as i was, totally in the dark. They had no clue if the vehicle will ever arrive in any reasonable time frame.
    Frustrated with all these uncertainties, last week, I contacted Toyota Regional office and was lucky to speak to one of the brass there. He was kind enough to refer my case to someone who got me a Prius IV on fast-track. I am picking it up this week end.

For me it's a downgrade. At one point after too much wait, I needed a Prius ASAP. I am planning to trade it with a Plug-in in 3 years. Hopefully, the availability of the Prius will not be as uncertain as it is now.

The dealer (different from the one i ordered the Five from) wanted sticker price but i told him i would never buy any car MSRP and that i would rather walk. After few steps toward the door, the Sales manager who was in contact with the regional office, called me back. We sealed the deal @ $500 under sticker price in addition to few freebies. It was still a worse deal than what i got last march for the package Five.

Now i am a Proud Member of the Prius Family.

2. oscarcat

oscarcat New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Personally I drove both the IV and V. Due to the lower profile tires in the V the ride was much less enjoyable for me, a little more choppy and I could feel small imperfections in the road surface. So if ride comfort is important to you, as it was to me, I think you got lucky. Main thing in a IV is the leather [which helped my wife feel it was more upscale]. Add the lighted door sill moldings and you have real wow factor. In short, I think you will enjoy the IV.

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think that a IV is a great buy!! That would have been my 2nd choice. If i did not need good headlights (i drive at night a lot), then a IV would be perfectly fine for me.

Congrats!!

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

5. batie

batie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I first went with the Five because of the LED Headlights. i drove a lot in deer infested part of Connecticut and the night vision is well beyond improved with LED lights. Beside the LED, I am sure i will enjoy the Four

6. batie

batie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks