1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

*DOWNLOAD HERE* Kevin Foreman - Genetic Blueprint

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Kev1000000, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

That's right, I finished my song! :D

I'll just copy/paste the description I wrote on my site...

Title: Genetic Blueprint
    Artist: Kevin Foreman
    Genre: Hard Trance
    Length: 7:58
    Size: 18.2mb

Download: Kevin Foreman - Genetic Blueprint

or http://www.djkev.com

With "Genetic Blueprint," I wanted to try and move away from simple percussion work and move into more advanced percussion techniques. In my earlier songs, I usually stuck with a generic "techno" percussion technique, which worked pretty well for awhile, but in order to keep things fresh, I needed to change some things up. The kick drum is now a little off-beat, the hi-hats have a lot more complexity in the rhythms, and the overused "techno cymbal" has been removed. To illustrate this change, I begin the first minute of the song with my old percussion work. You'll notice how every hit of the kick is on-beat, the hi-hats are just repeating 8th notes, and the "techno cymbal" can be heard. After a minute in, I introduce the new percussion style. This new style will sound much more "clubby," and should offer a new element to my music. The rest of the song includes some other new techniques as well. I experimented with panning, which is the concept of making sounds jump between the left and right channel. I also use a master filter near the end to filter out all of the low frequencies in order to create a bigger build for the final section of the song. The tone of the song is pretty dark/mysterious. It's a bit similar to "Deception" and "Continuum," so if you enjoyed either of those tracks, you should really enjoy "Genetic Blueprint."

Please give me comments/criticism. I really appreciate them. I hope you enjoy it! :)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    mmmm.... it is different and more "lively" or "airy" than say Deception or Continuum. I would say mysterious but I don't know if it's dark haha. But hey, you're the composer, not me :p.

3. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 25 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]430156[/snapback]</div>
    Hehe, thanks man. Overall, better or worse than my previous songs? Any suggestions?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm kinda stubborn so I tend to like the "oldies" better, however, I like the effects you've used in this song. Playing it again, it feels like I'm in some futuristic space-age club haha.

So is it better? well better in the sense that it's fresh, different and as I've said before lively and upbeat.

I like Deception (first one I d/led) and I love Continuum. I didn't really like Logitechno and I thought this might sound like it but I like Genetic Blueprint.

If this is the way you wanna head, then pursue it! I'm loving every song you've put out in the last 2 years. :)

Keep up the good work!

5. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kev1000000 @ Apr 25 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]430075[/snapback]</div>
    Nicely Done! I'm glad you posted this on here, I really enjoy being introduced to new composers. Now to go and listen to your past work for comparison.

6. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

Tideland, I think you'll really enjoy my next song. Its really "happy" with a bunch of acoustic guitars and mellow pads. Its pretty cool so far.

Thanks again =)