1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Download more detailed maps to nav system?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AndyA, Aug 16, 2005.

1. AndyA

AndyA New Member

Is it possible to enter more detailed maps into the nav system. I Have a number of maps generated by Arcview 3.3 in a shapefile(.shp) format. Having them available would be very convenient.

Is it possible to load them into the Nav system?

If the .shp file format is not compatible, I'm sure they can be exported in any number of georeferenced formats.

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota uses a proprietary system so you can't add maps or download data. There is a poster here who took his Prius with Nav to Hawaii and has been looking for a solution to add Hawaii to the Nav. Rumor has it that Toyota has an update DVD in the works. I don't know if that means a new map or it adds corrected maps or what. But, it leaves a small door open that if the method could be duplicated then maybe adding maps would be feasible. But it will take some engineering/software design by someone enthusiastic enough.