1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Downloading Blackberry 7100t Contacts into Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by April15, Apr 15, 2005.

1. April15

April15 New Member

I have had reasonable success having conversations with the Prius microphone and speakers through my Blackberry 7100t. Does anyone know how to download phone numbers and addresses?

Also, I have 2000 addresses and the Prius claims to have a memory for only 500 of them. Does anyone know how to filter which ones are transferred to the Prius?

2. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've talked to RIM and there is no support for anything other than the Bluetooth headset profile, meaning you cannot use the 7100t to transfer phone numbers (and I don't think you can do addresses with any phone--I think the registered memory points and phone book are not integrated at all). I was able to transfer phone numbers using a laptop with a Bluetooth adapter. See here.

As for filtering, you can always "filter" by transfering the entries one by one. A couple limitations to keep in mind are that the characters used for the name are limited; the phone number must be just digits (I actually use XXX-XXX-XXXX format in my Outlook Express Contacts, but the transfer strips the '-'), and only one phone number can be associated per name. With these limitations, I intend to maintain a special Prius only phone list anyways, so filtering/automated synchronization is a bit of a moot point anyways.