1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Downtime this weekend - Changes coming

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, May 26, 2012.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey everyone -

In case you didn't see, I recently opened up access to a beta version of the new PriusChat for users to test. The testing has gone well and over this holiday weekend I plan on migrating the site to the new software.

That means that there will likely be downtime this weekend as the site not only is migrated to a new software, but also moves to our new home on a new set of servers. This current server has served us well for the past 4 years, but, as you have probably noticed, PriusChat's growth has pushed us to the edge of the current server's capabilities.

I hope to throw together a few videos this weekend during the migration to show you some of the new features on the site - I think it's a great upgrade, though I do expect the typical hemming and hawwing by those who hate change.

In case you don't "like" us on Facebook, you probably missed this teaser that I posted last night. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think a lot of people will miss this since it's not a "news" item on the front page.

I have a whole bunch of questions though and I haven't had time to relogin to the beta forum. :(

I had some concerns about the how thanks are displayed but I think my biggest concern is that any bookmarks/links that I had to this board will be broken/busted in the new forum. I'll have to re-find all of them again, unless they by some chance actually do carryover, there's some redirect mechanism or this board remains available but in read-only form...

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    All links should re-direct properly after the conversion. If they for whatever reason don't, the thread ids will be the same. So, for example, if I type in http://priuschat.com/threads/109869 next week, it should take me to this thread.

I hope to finish up a couple loose ends this evening and take the board down tonight (read-only mode). The conversion will hopefully only take as long as the DNS propagation to the new server takes.

1 person likes this.
  5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you want to follow the process, you can follow me on Twitter @PriusChat. I'll try to keep everyone updated regarding the process.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tonite as in 'after 11:00pm est' right? :eek:

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good Luck, looking forward to the future!!!
    PC rocks! :rockon: