1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Downtown Toyota Oakland CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by darwin100, May 8, 2006.

1. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I just had a very rude encounter with the Prius manager at Downtown Toyota in Oakland. My gas gauge is not working and I went in on Sat to make an appt to have it repaired under warranty. He was not in but I made the appt and inquired about having my new sharks fin put on ( I had an appt for this on Monday morning)..one never knows what excuse they will use to void warranty. They told me to come back on Monday to check with the Prius manager John R. He was insulting....asking me why I htought it was not working, what proof did I have, when did I last have the car serviced, how did I know there might be a reset fix, why do I believe everything I read on line, what do the forum people know etc...then he got mad becasue I made the appt for Tues on Sat when he was not there....he could not tell me if the fin would void the warranty...essentially I felt like he totally disregarded everything I said. I canceled the appt and will go elsewhere.

2. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

while i was shopping for my prius, I dropped by oakland toyota as a part of my dealer hopping activity, and found the employees there to be the slimiest, the most dishonest, and the most unprofessional out of all dealerships I've been to. Needless to say, I ended up making my purchase at the Berkeley Toyota.