1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dr prius questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ToyotaGal, Nov 12, 2023.

1. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I have had this amazing car for 3 years ago. I have never cleaned the battery fan nor do I think it was ever done.
    Today I took on the project. After putting everything back together, we'll mostly cause some how I lost a clip and a screw, I took her for a test drive. I ran dr prius the battery temp went down by 15 to 18 degrees.
    I saw a deeper green bar and once or twice all the bars turned yellow and another time red.
    Not sure what that means. Attached are some screen shots .
    Any input is greatly appreciated.
    She drives smoother. Tomorrow she gets a oil change.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Look at the MFD in your car in the energy monitor mode or whatever where you're looking at the battery it only changes from green to blue to magenta and you want to realize how long it takes to go from blue to magenta back to green and then back to blue All this Dr Prius stuff is wonderful but I don't use it If you just look at your MFD in your car leave your phone on the seat drive the car and you can tell real fast by just looking at your car's battery display for the HV battery in the center of your dash how fast do you see it move from blue to green and then back to blue or magenta again what does it do and how fast as in minutes?

ToyotaGal likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    was the fan very dirty?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Usually unless they have animals they're really not too bad they'll be white fan impellers coated with a fine gray dust of taking apart I don't know man about 10 of them now I keep three fans here clean and ready to install so I can just throw the dirty ones on the ground until I'm ready to clean them. The people that have animals they will have hair almost spun like it's on an old spinning wheel through the long impeller runs and it'll be so fine that the fan can't move any air it spins but no air goes anywhere doesn't suck through the vent doesn't blow out there duct across the battery the 12 volt so your battery is overheating for quite a while probably nobody even knows it generally it's the animal owners that have this problem The dirtiest fan I've seen in the non-animal car was still moving plenty of air without any trouble but the people with the animals no air moving I have some pictures of the impellers somewhere but it's pretty straightforward stuff

5. ToyotaGal

ToyotaGal Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes

bisco likes this.
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Dirty as in dog hair or just black dust on the white fan blades??

bisco likes this.