1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dr Prius results Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Taz43, May 28, 2022.

1. Taz43

Taz43 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    So i have no codes popping out. Need to figure out how the battery is before deciding to sell the car or keep it. Any help would be appreciated.

Car has been idle for months. Runs good now but put in dr prius and all the internal resistance bars on the botton are showing yellow at around 33 while driving and 1 hitting 38 and turning red. Volt differential is about .4 and im still getting about 50 a gallon.

For some reason attaching the pics is failing so i am unable to upload them. Any thoughts please on the condition of the battery.

#1 Taz43, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
  2. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In Los Angeles there are likely many places to get the cells in the battery rebalanced off you are unable to do it yourself. Maybe some PC readers who live there will suggest a specific one.

3. Taz43

Taz43 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Okay here are the snapshots, does this look bad?

Attached Files:

4. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    #11 looks to be at risk. What year and how many miles on your Prius? Have you run the Dr Prius battery health and life expectancy tests?

5. Taz43

Taz43 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Its a 2008 Prius with 140k. But the battery is a new one i put in 2 years ago. But car been sitting idle for 8 months after catalytic stolen. Except turning it on a driving it like 2 or 3 times. Now its fixed and everything is good, just wondering if i should sell it or battery is still decent. Can the idle time have messed up the battery? Im still getting 50 a gallon.

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you say new, do you mean a new OEM battery or some kind of remanufactured/rebuilt/reconditioned battery?

Looking at your screenshots and comparing the 18.98 Amp discharge with the 14.81 Amp charge images, nothing stands out as too bad. They just seem to be a bit unbalanced. So, a solid round of reconditioning might be in order to balance that up.

The IR of block 11 is a little up there, but the block seems to be otherwise no worse than the others.

If you do a recondition, rescan after and see what it looks like then.

If you're not intending on keeping it for the long term, I'd sell it sooner than later with full disclosure.