1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drag Racing with a Hummer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Mar 11, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So last night I was in Downtown Olympia and as I have said it sits on a tide flat filled in so when you get to the edge of the downtown area there is a big hill. I am sitting at a light at the foot of the hill and a big white Hummer (not the H2) pulls up next to me, and starts gunning his engine. This guy want's to race?! So the light changes and he takes off up the hill passing the cars at the next light and exceeding the speed limit by a wide margin. He was gone I did my usual brisk acceleration to the speed limit, 25 mph then drove up the hill. At the top of the hill just after it flattens out is a Thriftway and one block away a Union 76 and I coasted by on stealth there was the Hummer filling up. :lol: Real life IS better than fiction. BTW it was a kid driving. So who won I say I did.

2. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Woah, that trip up the hill reall gouged his fuel guage.

Honestly, if the H2 really had any utility factor I wouldn't have much of an issue with it, but it breaks so many vehicle design rules that it isn't funny anymore. Well, his pocketbook, not mine.

Rather than complain, I vote with my money. Obviously, I didn't vote for the H2 with my last purchase.