1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drawer in Console?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RBW111, Mar 28, 2005.

1. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Anyone have a creative use for the drawer in the front of the console? Unsafe to get into while driving. You can't even see it! Must be good for something.

2. madadayo

madadayo New Member

The drawer in front of the console (I didn't discover it until a month after getting the car) is PERFECT for a box of tissue (preferably one that is from recycled material, i.e. Seventh Generation).

3. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I didn't find it for about a month either. And still haven't figured out what to use it for. Tissue is a good idea. Can't find any tissue packaging that will fit in the right spot IN the console.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Isn't it COOL to keep discovering good surprises in your new Prius? The really nice thing, is you will continue to make pleasant discoveries.

:idea: The console drawer is my space for computer screen "wipes" and eyeglass cleaning microfiber cloths to clean the MFD (Multi Function Display) screen.

5. dspguy

dspguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've been using it to keep a bunch of maps.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    tissue and gloves in mine

7. dgstan

dgstan Member

I routed the wired remote control for my subwoofer into the drawer. It's perfect - out of sight, but easily reached.

It also might be a good spot to hide stuff from your spouse, since apparently, nobody knows about it.

DGStan

8. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I read about that drawer before I picked up my car. It is where I store my (thankfully rarely used) ice scraper. For obvious reasons I don't need to access it while driving, so no safety problem there.

- Bill

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Tollway transponder is the only thing in there. I don't drive on the tollways much anymore so I rarely need it and when I do, I'm basically driving in a straight line so there's not much to distract me from.

10. clubmedic

clubmedic New Member

Tony, I've found that the transponder still works when on the top shelf in the glove box. No need to take it out and 'wave it around' while driving through the tollbooth.

11. Liam

Liam New Member

I travel a lot in my car during the day for my job, in rural areas going from farm to farm. My dog travels with me, so I hace been keeping snacks for me and biscuits for her in that drawer. It is the perfect place because my dog is unable to open it and she can open the glove box and will chew through a canvas bag to get to food. Maybe she doesn't know about the drawer.

12. senectus

senectus New Member

13. Frances16

Frances16 New Member

I keep lotion and a compact umbrella in there, but the cleaning wipes are a good idea :)

14. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

:oops:

......... there is a drawer in the center console......... ???

15. Old n Bold

Old n Bold New Member

In a local supermarket, we found full size Kleenex tissue in a plastic, soft package. It fits perfectly in the drawer since the soft packaging allows for the slight compression for it to fit.

16. Stocky

Stocky New Member

Actually there is something else I found...

In the lower glove box there is a slot at the back that is designed to hold the owner manuals folder.

The dealer originally placed the folder inside the lower glove box and that was where I put it each time I had read it.

It seems to have always been dark whenever I looked in the glove box, but last night I spotted a slot at the back that is deeper than the main glove box space. The owner manuals folder drops right in there which keeps it tidily away from the other contents.

Real KEWL :clap:

I am continually impressed with the "little" things that pop up and surprise me, despite having taken the manuals to read in bed several times (cover to cover). But then again, I don't think I am the only one!!!

17. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    NHPrius, If you have not found it yet, it's in the front of the console at the floor. Much deeper than I orginally thought. Maps would fit nicely.

18. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

:) I went out last night to look for it and found it. I can't believe I never noticed it!

Today I am going to check out the glove box and see if I can find the slot for the manuals.....

Any other little nooks or crannies in the Prius????

I use the hidden compartment under the trunk area to store my windshield scraper, swiffer duster refills and wiper fluid. It is all handy if I need it but out of the way. (I keep a swiffer duster in my glove compartment to sweep over my dash every day to keep it dust free.)

19. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks! I'll try that.

Shoot. Now I'm back to square one. What should I use the drawer for now?

20. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

There's an eyeglass storage in the overhead console.

Anyone know what the slot in the console is for that is on the wall where the outlet is?