1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dreaded etune bluetooth problem?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by GasSaver1, Aug 7, 2013.

1. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My girlfriend just got a blackberry q10. She paired the phone with her 2012 prius c and has the problem where when she starts the car within a minute the car connects the music and starts playing.

In settings we have even disconnected music and internet and only left the phone connected. Even though the car starts up with only the phone paired it connects and starts playing the music anyway.

We have tried a hard reset of the phone, renaming the connection and turning the car off and on multiple times with it set to other radio sources and it still always reverts back to Bluetooth.

I believe this is a Toyota problem. I paired her phone with my 2012 (HDD system) and I do not have any issues.

HELP! do we just live with it or is there anything to try?

2. longislandprius

longislandprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I also have a Bluetooth problem. the car Bluetooth disconnects from the phone within a few minutes of its initial connection. (I have a razr maxx hd... it's on Toyota's compatible phone list.)

Toyota blames the phone. The phone people blame Toyota. terribly shifty. :cautious:

3. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    well I cant really blame the phone because I tested it on my car and it works. (I have a q10 too and it works without issue as well). But as I have the HDD system, my Bluetooth setup is different than my girlfriends 6.1" system.

2 phones 2 cars 2 different systems only problem in 1 car. It seems like it would have to be the car no?

4. Wally Mahar

Wally Mahar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    I was going to post about this problem. My podcast player will cut out after a few minutes. I noticed it did this whenever i had a new notification.
    I'm turning the beep sound off when i got notification on my phone. See tonight if it works.

SCH-I605 ? 2

5. Wally Mahar

Wally Mahar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    I think it helped turning off sound notifications but my real problem is with my podcast player beyond pod. music seems to be okay

SCH-I605 ? 2

6. Ubu the Tech Guru

Ubu the Tech Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    just to clarify your problem is that the car starts playing music automagically BUT you don't want it to? Do you have the C2 or the C3/4? When it happens just click the button on the head unit to pause it or switch to the radio or something else can't you do that?

7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Automagically.... I love it because it is still accurate even while being a typo. :)

8. Ubu the Tech Guru

Ubu the Tech Guru Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    that's NOT a typo. ;) Honestly that's how I type out automatically all the time, picked it up from being in various communities/forums

ztanos likes this.
  9. Skyeblue78

Skyeblue78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This is my car and it's a Prius C3. I can always change the source, but it's quite annoying and I cannot figure out how to correct the issue.

10. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hey, guys. I remember reading something about changing the default media player, but I can't remember if it was the car or the phone... I'm having trouble finding the post...

11. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Automatic playing of music when the A2DP profile is connected is a feature on 6.1.
    Too many complains on the feature, call in to complain. If they do decide to change this feature you should be notify for a "fix"

12. cybercind

cybercind New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a similar problem. The bluetooth works for one call and then I can't hang up. The phone is disconnected but the car says the call is still in progress. Can't use phone or any audio. But the phone will work. I have a razr maxx also. Toyota people say it's the phone.