1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dreaded MFD on 2006 Prius with Lockpick3+

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nal67, Jul 3, 2009.

1. nal67

nal67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently started having the error “External system not connected.†when trying to switch to my nav system. I have a 2006 with 34500 miles but am outside of 3 years so not under warranty. I took the car in and told them that it was a known problem, gave them the service bulletin, told them it was being called the "dreaded MFD" on PriusChat, etc.

They took the dash apart and took out my lockpick and it started working properly so they are claiming that it is related to lockpick. They also said they called Toyota and the service bulletin was related to older vehicles and they have fixed the problem that caused it in my year. I've had lockpick installed for more than 2 years now with no issues am thinking it is a scapegoat. However, I just picked it up and sure enough it is working ok.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen errors caused by lockpick. I figure it is some kind of a lose connection that got reconnected when they moved the harness and unit around and it will likely fail again down the road but I just wanted to check if anyone else has seen this situation.