1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dreading the day my pretty Pri is going to need service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momstoys, Jul 5, 2005.

1. momstoys

momstoys New Member

I really am dreading the day my Pri will need service. Of the four dealerships that I had to deal with (2 in N. MI 1 in SW MI and one mid state( not one has had a tech with the ability to find a problem in the vehicle at that time. I always ended up taking the 4-Runner, corolla, Tacoma to third party shops and they found the problems with no difficulty. Today I took the tacoma in to the one where we bought our PRI hoping for the best. The A/C was not working. After finding the time to bill me 188.98, it's Gee, there must be a problem as the Freon has leaked out but we can't find it. If it continues, bring it back! I had a few unladylike words for the service mgr. Bring it back, I think not. I then sheepishly called my favorite third party shop in Traverse City, his bill would only have been 102.00 and I bet he would have found the problem. Spouse wanted to take the truck to a dealer for "expertise" and it might be covered by the extended warranty. Sure hope the third party shops get trained really quickly on repairing Pri's as I can't stand the thought of going to another dealership. Or is only MI a breeding ground for inept mechanics?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:3b6ce7d475]How could Michigan, home of Detroit - the Motor City, be a breeding gound for inept mechanics?

Oh, wait, those are American cars...

Good luck on finding an experienced Prius Tech. I hope another Michigander can point you to a good one.[/font:3b6ce7d475]

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Prii rarely need to visit the dealer. I don't know where you are, but my friend's family has had good experience with Crown in Holland MI...

I hate to say it but there are some techs who don't really give a damn. It's sad since they make enough money that they should. That's the reason my husband has people come in and insist that he works on their car.

If you can fine ONE good Prius Tech you really trust, send all your business to him and spread the word so others get good service too. It encourages techs to do their best...

4. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Sounds like you are in the 616 area code. Quite a drive to the Detroit area but Rinke Toyota in Warren has already started delivering Highlander Hybrids and their garage/hybrid tech. is tops IMO. The customer service hot line is 1-800-331-4331. Be sure to give them a call and register your discontent with the dealers you are dealing with.

Peace,
    Paul