1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driftwood #6, Ordered 2005-04-28, Arlington, TX

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by michaelmcgaw, May 6, 2005.

1. michaelmcgaw

michaelmcgaw New Member

Date Ordered: 2005-04-28
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Don Davis Toyota (Arlington, TX)
    Timeframe given for delivery: 60 to 75 days (8 - 10 weeks)
    Color: Driftwood Pearl
    Option Package: BC #6
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: #9

Don Davis was the first dealership to which i spoke in the DFW area that said that they'd let me have the Prius at MSRP with no "port options" or "price adjustment" on the car. I am dealing with John Rowe who seems to be pretty straight up about things and didn't try to sell me stuff I didn't want.

Now... the wait. :wink:

Update on 2005-05-24
    Today i spoke with my salesperson and was told that i've moved from #9 on the queue to #3. This dealership is getting about one BC (#6) per allocation. The two orders ahead of mine are for a BC and a non-BC. His next allocation will be on 2005-06-04, which will contain these two cars. The allocation after that is 2005-06-22 and that allocation will likely contain "my" car. So 20 to 30 days after that i might have my Prius.

Update on 2005-06-14
    My salesperson called me this evening (18:47, no, it's not like i'm obsessive or anything... hehehe) and told me that my car should be arriving in Houston (from where, i don't know) on Saturday (June 18th). 72 hours later, give or take, it should be here in the DFW Metroplex. I guess maybe my car was allocated in the 2005-06-04 allocation after all. The color is right, the package is right. I'm excited, i'll tell you that! I didn't expect to have the car for another 30 days or so!

Update on 2005-06-20
    John called me at about 16:45 this afternoon. My Prius will be arriving on the truck from Houston in the morning. He said he'll call me about noon to give me a status, but he says he believes the car will be ready for delivery tomorrow about 17:00. John told me that Don Davis Toyota has three Prius qualified techs at their dealership. I like that sound of that. Even more, i like the sound of delivery tomorrow!

Update on 2005-06-21
    Delivery!

I took delivery of my Driftwood #6, "officially" today at 17:42. I say "officially" as that is when the delivery of the car was announced over the dealer's intercom system accompanied to the enthusiastic applause of the dealership staff.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

The wait's no fun, but it'll be worth it.

3. Chrisus

Chrisus Junior Member

Re: 2005, Package #6, Ordered 2005-04-28

I ordered mine 4/25 and just found out it will be in port 5/15 or 16. Anyone know WHICH port the cars arrive at? I live in NY state and just assumed it would be NYC. I paid sticker and got mats thrown in for free. The dealer said they are the leading prius dealer in Wester NY and get a higher alotment and 30-60 days was not unrealistic. Most other dealers have said 3-6 months and some im;pied a surcharge.

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrisus\";p=\"87854)</div>
    here is a link to the Prius shipping... you don't have to down load

http://www.toyofuji.co.jp/english/haisen/haise_f.html

Bob Andersen

5. michaelmcgaw

michaelmcgaw New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrisus\";p=\"87854)</div>
    If i'm reading their website correctly, the ports are Newark, Jacksonville, Long Beach, and Portland for the fleet servicing North America.

6. Chrisus

Chrisus Junior Member

Thanks guys! Im guessing Newark. The May schedule doesnt jive with what the dealer told me so Im guessing the ship left in April to make the east coast by May 15-16. I ordered on the 25th so it HAD to have been on its way as a standard shipment and my order just happened to match. :) I had a Honda once and it was marked POE Newark.

7. michaelmcgaw

michaelmcgaw New Member

I know you're right, bookrats, but waiting sure isn't easy! *grin*thinks about calling the dealer*

8. kaptaink

kaptaink Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Hi Chrisus,
    Just wondering who your dealer was in WNY I live 80 miles SW of Buffalo and have just been talking to my local Toyota Dealer and they dont do much Prius volume. If you dont want to mention a name, an address of the dealer would do. Also who was the salesman? and were you satisfied.
    Thanks Kevin
    you may email me [email protected]

9. alsgameroom

alsgameroom Member

I ordered from a dealer in Sussex County NJ. They told me the cars for North East dealers come into Port Newark, NJ.

Heres a great memory...I made newspaper deliveries to Port Nwk back in the early 80's while working my way thru school. I can remember at 4am the place was a ghost town and I'd drive right up to the Honda boat and stand in awe at the size of the thing! Woah like WOW! especially far out after a gig some where in NYC till 2 am b4 having to do my early am route. (ahh the good ole days...)

That boat was like a big ark and something like 2 city (NYC) blocks long and had a huge door where they'd drive several lanes of cars out of the side of the boat .

have fun!

10. Hobiecat

Hobiecat New Member

I ordered a Package #3 on 05/07/05 at a dealer in Ramsey, NJ and the called us last Friday and said its at port. I'm guessing Newark. We should be able to pick it up this weekend or maybe even Friday. Now I'm going over the sale contract with a fine tooth comb, trying to see what the exact charges will be. One item I don't know about is the "Z1 Package." Anyone know what that is? Its probably obvious.

11. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Z1 is listed as "Preferred Accessory Package", but I can't tell you what's in it.

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I know it includes at least floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net and a first aid kit.

13. alsgameroom

alsgameroom Member

heres the update for me.

Dealer says car is here and waiting for a part.

Salesman dosn't even know what part....I told him its probably the rear spoiler (thanks to priuschat, I've learned the cars are not shipped with this installed).

So why dosn't the dealer have the spoilers pre-ordered if they know my car is coming in! Now I wonder if my dealer has any qualified prius techs working here.... bad vibes man...

Anyway it looks like I'll gt the car this Friday. that would be nice I can drive around the countryside this holiday weekend and get used to it!

14. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Note my avator whic is my license plate as well... :lol:

It is WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!

Bob Andersen

15. Hobiecat

Hobiecat New Member

Thanks, Isrameriprius. That must be it, because I remember in the hours we spent at the dealer that day that the package included those items - no extra charge. Ours includes the AG package #2, BI Package #3 and the etched glass. That comes to $22777 plus 6% NJ sales tax four year registration, ($214) totalling $24514. We think that's a fair price admitting that the MSRP went up $100 in the last few weeks.