1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driftwood Pearl, Package #2, 7/14/07, Columbia, SC

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by nbymissy, Jul 15, 2007.

1. nbymissy

nbymissy New Member

Date Ordered: 7/14/07
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Jim Hudson Toyota, Columbia, SC
    Timeframe given for delivery: 1 - 4 Days
    Color: Driftwood Pearl
    Option Package: #2
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 1

I'm so excited! I ordered my Prius today :) Well, not really "ordered", I signed the papers to buy the next one in at the Dealership. I've been trying to test drive one for about 3 weeks now - they FINALLY got one in that wasn't pre-sold and I fell in love with it immediatly! I decided to go for the next one (I like the color/options/price better) and it should be in within a few days.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Missy, and welcome to PriusChat!

3. nbymissy

nbymissy New Member

Well, they told me the car would be in on 7/17 last week. On the 17th, I called and they said the date had been changed to 7/20. Today is 7/20 and still no Prius for me :( Is this a normal thing or did my Prius fall off of a truck somewhere?

Missy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Missy @ Jul 15 2007, 03:02 AM) [snapback]479010[/snapback]</div>

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They're probably still looking for one from another dealer somewhere; perhaps there was one earmarked for you at another dealer, but it was sold before your dealer traded for it/acquired it on your behalf...?

Or, your dealelr sold the one tagged for you to someone else, who walked in and was willing to pay more on the spot.

Not totally ethical, but might explain it.

----

Cut them a bit of slack, but the cars are significantly more plentiful than earlier...it shouldn't take them *that* much longer, I wouldn't think.

Perhaps you should set a date, beyond which you begin exploring other options?

When I signed the paper that said I'm placing an order for one, I gave a deposit which was fully refundable, even after the car was delivered. So, unless you're experiencing something different, if you check the paperwork, you're under no obligation to participate in this transaction, if the fail to meet your expectations (or for any other reason).

It'll probably all be fine, though!

5. nbymissy

nbymissy New Member

Well, I have the vin # and they are still saying that it is on its way. Next Tuesday is supposedly the new delivery date (as of today.) I'm crossing my fingers.

Missy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 20 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]482533[/snapback]</div>

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey Missy, welcome to PC!

Glad to hear we're adding another Midlands Prius owner to the fold. There is a growing number of us, so we should organize a get-together soon!

Danny

7. nbymissy

nbymissy New Member

Yay! It is here! Picked it up tonight :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 21 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]482942[/snapback]</div>

8. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations, Missy,

No matter what the color, you will *really* love this car!