1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driftwood Pearl Question

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by steevr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. steevr

steevr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on new Driftwood Pearl Pkg 6. My question is, we've seen the color on an '04 or '05 Prius (it had the smoked lenses on the rear brake lights, however we have not seen it on an '08. Is the color still the same?? The reason being we liked the Driftwood color on the old one we saw....it looked like a beautiful beige. However, I just want to make sure that Toyota didn't change the color and keep the name the same. I hate the gold metallic that I've seen on Camry's.

None of the dealers around here have an '08 driftwood that I've seen. Can someone verify that the color has not changed since the '04's?

Thanks.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Steevr,

I just took delivery on 4/4 on an 2008 Touring Pkg #6 in Driftwood Pearl and it is the beige that you remember. It is not the gold metallic like on the Camry's. It is a wonderful color that will be cool in the hot Oklahoma summers and will not show dirt/grim like the darker colors of blue mica and black. My wife got her Barcelona Red last September and we have enjoyed it so much, I sold my QX-4 Infinity and bought another touring Prius in Driftwood Pearl. Another reason to embrace this color is that the white primer that toyota uses will not shine thru on exposed paint chips as much because of the lack of a paint contrast between the beige and white as opposed to a black/white or dark blue/white chip contrast. I will be taking it in for tinting next week and will try to post some pics.

Enjoy your Prius and welcome to PC!!!!

4. steevr

steevr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks to both for the info. We wanted to go with a light color because the Prius will be sitting on the driveway and it won't show the dust and dirt that much. Silver was our other choice, but my wife's Lexus GX470 is silver and we wanted something different.

Please post pics once you get the tinting done on the driftwood. We were thinking about maybe tinting the rears once we get it. Thanks.

5. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here are some photos of mine.

Attached Files: