1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drive Your Prius in the UN International Peace Parade

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by pkjohna, Jul 29, 2004.

1. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't make this but I'll post the e-mail I got requesting participation. The sender was okay with posting his contact info.

Note that this event is on a Monday so you might need a vacation day.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Mike Tidwell asked me to contact you. I've been one of CCAN's local volunteers for about a year, and have gotten to know the Prius at several of Mike's open houses. Your web site also looks great.

Mike and I will be part of an upcoming event, and I'd like to invite you and other Prius owners to participate (drive along the route) in the International Peace Parade, scheduled for Sep 20th. Please see http://www.peaceparade.net/. There is a flyer that you can print out in the section on Schedule. This is largely being sponsored by religious groups to promote the twin objectives of environmental renewal and social justice. The Prius hybrid car fits right in, and I'll distribute copies of info, if setting up a table is an option. Your organization may also want to sponsor a booth or a float in the parade, etc. Let me know.

Specifically, we'd like to have at least one, and hopefully, 2-3 Prius owners drive their vehicles as part of the parade. We can probably get volunteers to walk alongside the vehicles to pass out info about the benefits of the hybrid vehicle. Please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Eugene Eccli
    703-262-0477 Hm evenings
    703-847-0542 X238 Wk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------