1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver door wont unlock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NCPRIUSGIRL, Apr 24, 2010.

1. NCPRIUSGIRL

NCPRIUSGIRL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep looked at the other posts and got some questions>>>>>

Ok so I am posting for the wifey, well I finnaly bit the bullet and thankfully got rid of our Land Rover and got an 08 Prius today and all I can say is :D!!!!! I absolutely love it. I am a Jeep guy and never thought I would like this little thing as much as I do but I actually left work early so I could come home and drive it. OK now to the question....like the title says all of the other doors open fine with the smart key and when I go to the drivers side door the interior lights come on but the door will not unlock. The FOB works to open it and lock it just wont open the driver door. I do have a warranty and it will be covered just was wondering if there was something I was missing? A switch or something? Sorry for the asked again and agoin question but I am new to Toyotas and the smart key design. thanks in advance for your help.

2. NCPRIUSGIRL

NCPRIUSGIRL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    woops was supposed to be posted in the troubleshooting section......sorry:eek:

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're not missing anything, sounds like the driver's door lock solenoid is bad or maybe the mechanical linkage needs to be lubricated. A dealer service dept visit is in order.

4. NCPRIUSGIRL

NCPRIUSGIRL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, just knew there was a switch under the dash for the ignition didn't know if there was one for the doors too

5. chuckknight

chuckknight New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is...you can turn on and off the SKS function. But, not for only one door.