1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver Side Smart Handle Won't Unlock

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Slipperysud, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Slipperysud

Slipperysud New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all!
    I have a 2015 Prius c Three and I have been having an issue with my smart unlock for a couple years now. A couple years back I had to take my car in for some body repair after someone rear ended me. After this work was complete my driver side door would not lock or unlock except by manual key. I fixed this by replacing the actuator so that the interior button and my fob both lock/unlock the car. This also fixed the issue of locking the car using the smart button on the exterior handle. Since this repair, the smart unlock on the driver side handle has not worked again but the passenger side works, so I am confident it is not a setting issue.
    Another piece to this puzzle is when I lock the car, by any method other than manual key, I get the single lock beep followed by a slightly delayed 2nd beep. This started post repair as well.
    I don't really know where to start here so any advice would be greatly appreciated!