1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's door lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ttabbal, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

I've noticed an intermittent and irritating issue with the driver door. Sometimes, it refuses to unlock with the power locks. The car tries, then beeps a lot at me. :nono: The other doors and hatch unlock fine when this happens.

I can unlock with the metal key, but it's harder than normal. This leads me to think I might have a lubrication problem.

It's also possible the 12V battery needs replacing, my 2006 has never had it replaced. However, the other doors working and that it's hard to turn the key make me thing it's more mechanical than electrical.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You could try cleaning the lock mechanism, Hobbit has provided some pictures and info here:

Prius door lock

3. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

wow... that's a lot easier to get to than I expected. I'll have to give it a try. Lots of little bits to screw up, but I think I can manage.