1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's Power Window Failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kutanks, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I drive an '04 with about 86k. Shortly after I hit 85k i got into an accident that required both drivers side doors and the drivers window to be replaced. 2 weeks ago I noticed that my driver's window was excessively loud going up and slower to rise than the other windows. Upon closer inspection it seems that the rubber surround at the front part of the window gets bunched up requiring the motor to work harder to get the window all the way up. I fear that it is only a short time before the motor fails and the window becomes useless. I plan to go back to the body shop and have them take a look at it. Im not fully sure if they caused the problem, my common sense tells me that the drivers window ought to be the first to fail, seeing as it gets used the most (garage tickets, drivethroughs etc. but im hesitant to replace the motor if the repairs were done improperly causing it to burn out). Anyone know how much the motor runs? Im guessing that this will not be a cheap repair, but my hope is that the body shop will at least do the labor for free seeing as they replaced the window and the door and I now have this problem. I have to take the car back anyways, they replaced the fender and it is loose at the top.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well if the window worked fine before the accident, and after the accident it does not work properly, contact the insurance company and tell them the car if not fully in proper operating condition. I would think it's the responsibility of the autobody shop and the insurance to repair the car properly.
    Now if this happened months, or years, ago, yer out of luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    update:

I called the body shop where I had the repairs done and they told me to bring the car in tomorrow so they could take a look. So I guess I will know more once they see the problems im having.