1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers Seat Comfort?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bucky, Sep 2, 2009.

1. bucky

bucky New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Firts time Prius Owner and I did notice that this has been posted on previous generation models. I find the drivers seat to be too short as well as rather stiff as I have the factory installed leather seats on the package 6. The same complaints previously posted around seat being short and narrow still exist. I'm surprised at this price that there was not a more conscious effort to provide more seat luxury. Any ideas or suggestions to make the seat more comfortable? Other than that, the car is fantastic!

2. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder if we could get a seat cover that works with the air bag and then maybe sew in some foam or maybe memorey foam that might work well?

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm confused. You're complaining that the Gen2 Prius (package 6) seats are small? Gen3 does not have a package 6.

The Gen3 front seats are well suited to the car and I find them pretty darn good.

4. buzzard767

buzzard767 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

As do I.

5. Kapena Gary

Kapena Gary New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think the seat is fine. I really like the lumbar support. Not sure about the raising or lowering of the seat. I might have broke it. No matter since I think it's as low as it will go and that suits me fine. I'll check with the service manager when I take it in for it's first oil change.

6. jdel

jdel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    +1
    I thought the seats and the leather were rather stiff initially, but now they seem much more comfortable.

7. pkscout

pkscout Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got a IV and the leather is nice, but the lumbar support and raising/lowering the seat are a huge improvement over the Gen2 seats. I can actually go 2 hours in the new seats. With the old ones I got back pains after 15 minutes or so before I got a lumbar support thingy from the Healthy Back Store.

8. bucky

bucky New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

My bad. Meant pkg5 on 2010 Prius. The seat is not deep enough for me and is the only negative. Problem is that is a huge negative in terms of driving comfort

9. 7th_paramita

7th_paramita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have to agree with the lack of padding of the seat. I have the cloth seats but after an hour my leg begins to hurt where it touches the edge of the seat. As I don't use the Cruise control as much, it has become more of a problem. I bought a sheepskin that fits the size of the front seat at IKEA and now it has just enough padding and made a big difference in the discomfort.

10. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My only complaint is the manual adjustment. It's difficult to get it back just right between two drivers with the "pump". Plus it seems that all it does really is "rotate" around a front hinge. That limits the flexibility in adjustments. However I understand the old seats did not have even this and I would find that impossible to deal with.