1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers Seat Height compared to?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Groger, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Groger

Groger Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello

I haven't yet tried to drive the Prius-V, not ready to buy yet, don't want to take the chance to try it and ending up with buying one.

Could you please compare the driving height to other cars, for example, does it compare to the Mazda5? Nissan Sentra? 2001 Toyota Corolla (this is really low)?

Thanks

2. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The drivers seat height is widely adjustable. On the v3 (and I assume the v2), it adjusts via a manual lever. I believe the v5 (maybe only with the ATPackage) has power adjustments.
    I haven't driven a Mazda5 or a Sentra. But I can compare it to a Camry, or a Corolla, or a Pontiac Vibe. In all cases, the v's seat adjusts both higher and lower than these fixed seats - I would say it goes from "quite low" to "quite high". At the lowest setting, it might not be the lowest seat I've ever felt, but close. At the highest setting, I find it a little awkward to look out the side windows - no dangerously blocked view or anything, but it would take some getting used to. It's not as high as a full-size van, say, but definitely higher than most small cars.
    hope this helps,
    Andy

3. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We still get the manual lever with Adv. Tech. Pkg. I have counted 22 - 23 height settings pumping the lever from all the way down to putting my head in the moonroof "view" at the very top. I think it is about 3 - 4 inches of seat travel. It also effects the seat angle back when low and forward when high. So there is lots to work with with that funny seat height lever. It took me a week in my new Prius v to figure out how/that it worked and I have been having fun with it ever since.

4. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So who gets the power? could have sworn I read about some Prius having power seats - must be the regular Prius? Or my imagination... Whatever.
    I've never counted height settings ( :eek: ), but there is a lot of up/down travel. 3-4" wouldn't surprise me!
    Andy

5. enviroprius

enviroprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We get power lumbar on the V. Power seat is only available on the hatchback. Surprised me, but we are happy anyway.

6. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius v has the high seat type of seating like many cars and SUVs today. I find the seat OK with the manual adjustments, but definitely not as nice as the electric adjust on my prior Subaru Outback.