1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's seat modification in Chicago

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ljdemaster, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ljdemaster

ljdemaster New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anybody had the modification done in the Chicago area that nyprius describes below? If so, where? Thanks.

"I took the car to New England Wheels in Billerica, MA. They modify cars for Boston Celtics players. They removed the seats. Drilled out the rivets holding the 8 pedastals to the 4 seat rails. Welded about 4 inches of strong steel to the front of the seat rails. Welded the 8 pedastals to the rails 3 inches forward from the original position. Painted it black so it looks good. Then reinstalled. the movement of the seat was shifted back 3 inches. They did it in less than 4 hours for about $300."

2. ktoepp

ktoepp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I need about 2 more inches so my knee stops bumping the cruise control. Gotta finda a place in Seattle.

3. ljdemaster

ljdemaster New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just got off the phone with a couple of places in Chicago and they both said because of liabilities reasons they don't do this type of modification anymore. Hmmm....

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A