1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's side speakers dead

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by azw, Aug 24, 2007.

1. azw

azw New Member

Hello, I've searched the forum without success, so I'll just ask.

I have the 2002's standard AM-FM radio with cassette but no CD. There's an aftermarket CD changer installed in the trunk.

The audio speakers on the driver's side aren't working. They used to come on sporatically but don't do that now. Where are they plugged in? If it's in the dash, what do I have to remove to access the connections?

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azw @ Aug 24 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]501694[/snapback]</div>
    1. Do the speakers come on when you play the radio? Or the CD? Or not at all?
    2. Are these component speakers, i.e. separate tweeters and woofers? If so, are they both dead?

3. azw

azw New Member

Thanks, zenMachine, for asking those questions.

I've checked twice and the speakers are working now! You're pretty good, fixing things telepathically!

I think the speakers were acting the same for both radio and CD, which would make sense because the speakers are connected via the radio, not the CD player. I'll let you know if it goes bad again.

The radio has very poor reception, something the Pyle CD changer manual says can be caused by installing the changer. Many stations are very scratchy and can barely be heard.