1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving Chicago to UP Michigan, Which car?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by uncool, Jun 10, 2007.

1. uncool

uncool New Member

My family of 3 is going on a trip up to the UP and I was wondering since it is mostly highway driving, should we take the Prius or her Highlander?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    once you get through milwaukee it's a very easy ride. the prius should handle it fine, we've driven those roads a number of times ourselves in the prius and it's a nice trip.

depends how much stuff you need to take- but we can fit our supplies to take us from NC to WI for a couple weeks (the two of us and our parrot, who has a travel cage and fairly large regular cage that folds down) just fine.

have fun!

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Where in the UP? It's all highway on the way, and Route 2 is a good highway. A lot of the other roads are a bit on the bumpy side. It's nothing a Prius can't handle, but it will get dirty.

Tom

4. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We have traveled through the mountains of British Columbia for a week with four adults and luggage very comfortably. The Prius never struggled. The cruise control is incredible. The mileage for the trip was 50.4 mpg. The few people that have reported steering problems and wind problems leave me puzzled for I have had no problems with either our '04 or the '06. Must be poor alignment. I keep my tires at 40/38 on the '06 which seems to make my consumption screen and my calculated mpg equal. The '04 I kept the tires at 38/36 for the same results.
    I have enjoyed these cars more than anything I have driven since the many sports cars I had in the 1950's and 60's. We have also made two trips from BC to North Carolina and have another planned for spring next year to a Virginia Beach family reunion.
    Have fun on your trip.

5. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uncool @ Jun 10 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]459181[/snapback]</div>
    Take the Prius and get twice the mileage. The UP is civilized. :D