1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving from Europe to UK

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Hoddie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Hoddie

Hoddie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a relatively new driver but am embarking on a trip with my Prius to the UK. I'm aware that there might be a need to adjust the front headlights or otherwise fit headlight adaptors, but the user manual I have is in French so not very useful to me! The only English-language manual I can find online is the US version which, as best as I can tell, doesn't mention adjusting the headlights when switching from driving on one side of the road to the other.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there a way of doing this with the Prius Gen II (bought 2006) or do I need to stick on some third party adaptors?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    From what I can tell the Prius headlamps do not dip to one side or the other for left or right hand drive. The best way to find out is to see if the part numbers are the same on the two vehicles. We get lots of cars and heavy goods vehicles over hear from the continent and I have never known one to be pulled over by the police fore headlamp aim.

The drivers side headlamp UK is part number 81130-47190, this is passengers side for you.
    The passengers headlamp UK is part number 81170-47190, this is drivers side for you.

So check with your dealer.

Please let us know if they are the same because this helps if we are traveling from UK to France/Europe

3. Hoddie

Hoddie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Britprius, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before but I emailed Toyota today to ask. This is the reply I received (leaving it here in case anyone has a similar query in future):

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re read my post because I have increased information.

5. Hoddie

Hoddie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay I'll see what I can find out and report back.