1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving Green in New York City

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jkash, Jun 29, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Driving green: My hybrid days

We take the Toyota Prius into the real world of New York City and find a few surprises.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - I really tried to avoid getting sucked in, but after four days, it was too much to resist. I had insisted I would drive like a New Yorker. But, finally, I let a car soften me. And what did that get me?

Read the rest of the article here.

Jeff

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny,
    I think Jeff needs his 'title' under his name to read "Prius Scooper". He always seems to be the first to post a new news article about the Prius/hybrids/etc.

3. autoxic

autoxic Commuter

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Leave it to a New Yorker to get (somewhat) low mileage in a Prius. :) Very good article though.

If you take it easy driving around, you can certainly save a lot on gas, and have less stress.

I'm driving up to NJ for the July 4th weekend. I'll be on some pretty crowded roads with aggressive drivers, so I'll see what kind of mileage I get. If it's good, I'll report it. ;)

4. Michael Maddox

Michael Maddox New Member