1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

driving smiley

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fred, Mar 11, 2004.

1. fred

fred New Member

well, as everyone knows i got "smiley" yesterday. it is a VERY neat car.as a driver of sportscars, motorcycles and performance cars for years and years here are a few comments. seating positon very high with almost a mini van feel. no real blindspots including the much maligned rear view.my mercedes c230 has a rear view like the prius. the ride is nice and firm which is what i like. acceleration not very good but adequate. i took it for a highway drive and found it very responsive. just a tad twitcy but no big deal. no wandering at all . cornering adequate but you can tell its a "tall" car. definitely NOT a sportscar. seats great!! and very supportive.steering wheel position is fair to good. with all this said this is a great car! very21st century with a great feel. as we used to say "its too cool for school!" finding more and more great things about it by the minute.
    fred and smiley(04 black)

2. XravenX

XravenX New Member

That is how i felt to. I am going from a Sportscar to a Truck to the Prius. I actually think the Prius is going to be the most comfortable of the three.

As for speed, I'll always fall back on my motorcycle. I love seeing the look on a mustang owner's face when he can't beat me off the line (Up to the speed limit of course).

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I guess I must be wierd, but I NEVER stand on it off the line in my '95 Odyssey, even if I'm first and its 0-60 is slower than the '04 Prius. AND I've not noticed too many other people doing any different. So I don't really see why people make such a big deal out of it. I managed to get on the So. Cal freeways - those that don't know - signal at the top of the ramp, just fine in the '03 rental last July so the '04 should be fine as well. I'd rather see good 30-70 figures. My last car was a turbo charged Mazda 626. It had a LOT of torque steer, if I had stood on it at a signal, I probably would have been a couple of lanes over instead of in mine! It was great for passing those people that do 70 downhill in a 50 zone but only 40 uphill, especially when there is little opportunity to pass. Nearly rear-ended a guy once when we both pulled out to pass on an uphill :) I do miss that in the Odyssey but if I get a Prius, I won't be as affected since I've learned to be patient in those situations.

4. fred

fred New Member

bruce thanx for your nice reply> since you arent a car guy like a lot of my friends are you dont get the same feeling that us car guys do when we accelerate in a car or on a motorcycle> its just plain fun>also if driven or ridden right there is no such thing as too much power to overcome a dangerous situation> my new prius is a lot of fun to drive but is just a different little beast that it takes a while to sort out all its strengths and weaknesses> anyway it is a blast to drive and im already able to get in the stealth mode easily