1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving until E

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by james cook, Sep 3, 2012.

1. james cook

james cook Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    How will I know the car is empty? I at about half and barely have 200 miles (n)

will there be a gas light on the dash thingy? will the last bar just blink red? I'm kinda curious so I can prepare.

On my 2000 honda the analog meter would go below and eventually the gas light would come on, same for all the cars I've driven. please and thank you.

2. clgutierrez

clgutierrez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Once you go down to the last square, it will beep a few times and stay blinking. I've been there only once, preferring to fill it at 2 squares

Tapatalk 2

james cook likes this.
  3. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I drove mine past the blinking last light and the alarm, several miles Sunday. These tanks hold more than 9.5 gallons. I put in 9.2 and my Ultra-Gauge said I had a gallon left. I have the gauge programmed for 9.5 gallons. I suspect an extra gallon can be put in these things by milking the pump. My plan is to drive it til it quits and set the ultra gauge accordingly. Of course I will have a gallon can with me. We averaged over 50 mpg on our 1700 mile trip, running the speed limits and above. The computer was showing one mile per gallon more than what I calculated.
    Dan
    Dan

4. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you set the trip meter when you do a fill up, you could conceivably calculate the amount consumed from the fuel economy and the distance. I recently hit 600 km at 3.8 L/100 km, which means 3.8x6.00 = 22.8 L. The gauge shows four bars left. If I really wanted to push things I could drive it until it hits 34 L consumed out of 36... Not sure I want to take chances though :)

Galaxy Nexus ? 2