1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving without rear lights

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Annother, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Annother

Annother New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2008 Prius which I love but, for the second time, I have driven at night without rear lights without realizing it. (Each time it was after someone else had driven the car and the light setting were changed without my being aware of it.)

Is there some way for me to be able to tell when this is happening? If the front head lights are on, the dashboard indicator is the same whether or not the rear lights are on.

(Incidentally, I find the light settings confusing even with the manual instructions.)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't have light settings on my 08 in the u.s., what gives in the great white north?

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What? If the headlights are on, the tail lights are on. Or are you talking about driving lights when you say headlights?

A driver needs to be responsible for proper operation of a car. Learn to turn on the lights - don't assume they have been left in the correct position.

Tom

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    for a standard car with optional driving lites, don't you just twist the stalk all the way to get to regular head and taillites?

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Daytime running lights, eh?