1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DRL advice on my new 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by doublesman, Oct 31, 2011.

1. doublesman

doublesman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just bought a used 2010 prius with < 10K miles , exporting it to Toronto . Excited :). However first order of business is to add DRL to the car without getting shafted by a dealer to do it. I would do it while driving it in the States if anyone knows someone able to handle the wiring in this car.

I would be driving through Ohio , Pennsylvania and NY towards buffalo.

ALso would anyone know if I can use the one from juicedhybrid d0tcom

It must be on with car ignition . The diagram or explanation on these seem overly simplistic when compared to a module which I found elsewhere on this forum but used in Prius models < 2010.

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I doubt that any glue on LED strips would meet the DRL requirements. Just not bright enough.

3. blaqdragun

blaqdragun New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just to confirm, did you order the DRL-2P module? It is listed as only working on 2004-2009 Gen II models. Are the instructions different when installing on a Gen III? Thank you.

4. lpe350

lpe350 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Why not install the fog light kit and use an accessory lead to turn them on while the car is on using a relay. If you bypass the switch, it should serve your purpose.

5. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fog lights have a standard 55W bulbs, so same consumption and bulb's life shortage. DRL have to be LED based, the LEDs affect MPG as well.