1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DRL in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sergelbergeron, Oct 22, 2007.

1. sergelbergeron

sergelbergeron Junior Member

Has anyboby had to get DRL in Canada from a US Prius and did it cost very much. I am in the process of importing one - 2008 - I expect to save about $8,500 but it is a lot of trouble - needless to say. The local Toyota dealer is looking at the cost of putting in DRL but haven't got back to me yet.
    Thanks frm Cornwall Ontario

2. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sergebergeron @ Oct 22 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]528987[/snapback]</div>
    In case no one has replied to you yet:

If you can step over to GreenHybrid.com Forum, under the TCH (Camry Hybrid) area, many Canadians have done what you're doing. Purchase a U.S. car and taken it back home.

Here is a link to a thread that may help you: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f49/drl...rted-tch-15234/

I hope this helps.

OOPS,

After I wrote this, I remembered that you were talking about Prius. I don't know if U.S. '08 Prii have DRL's like the TCH's do. :huh: However, the link may give you something to consider.

Again, I hope this helps.

3. sergelbergeron

sergelbergeron Junior Member

John thanks for your reply - the dealer thinks he may be able to do it thru programming but he is still waiting after Toyota central. But it doesn't have it now the DRL. If they can't program it - I will go to the site you gave me. Thanks