1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DRLs and IES on '09 w/#2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 09Priusman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but does the '09 w/#2 have DRLs in the US versions? Also, what does Toyota mean by "illuminated entry system"? I take it to mean the lights come on inside the car when the fob is pressed, or the smart key is used. However, nothing happens when I do either. The lights only come on when I open the door. P.S. I've only had my Prius a couple of days but already thinking of buying a new one in a couple of years. Awesome car!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    No US Prius has DRLs, however if you turn your headlights on, you need never turn them off.*
    After you turn off the car, and then open the drivers door, they go off. Powering the car on, then turns them back on. The dash scroll wheel handles the dash illumination.

*If you leave the car without using the driver's door, or never leave your car, you need to turn the headlight off manually.

3. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the info. Discovered this evening the IES does indeed work, my bad for thinking it would work during the day.