1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Droid & Gen 3 BT autostart streaming

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stewarrh, Jun 12, 2010.

1. stewarrh

stewarrh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi All,

My Droid phone ALWAYS start to play music when it connects to my Prius via Bluetooth. Sometimes this is cool, but I do not want it to start playing music every time it connects to my Prius. I have disabled "auto connect" for the music player on the Prius and that helps, but when I manually connect my Droid via Bluetooth it still launches the music player and plays a song.

Most of the time I listen to Podcasts and audio books in my car. It's a pain to stop the music player then launch audible or my podcast client. Any ideas on how to connect the Droid to the Prius without it "auto launching" the music player?

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Chuck

2. radiohedwig

radiohedwig New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can confirm that this happens to me too with my droid and my 2010 prius. I loaded up android 2.2(froyo) and this issue still occurs. I have heard other people get around it by downloading a different music app and making this the default player, then disabling it or something. You can also use a task killer, but then you have to disable this to launch music. Basically it's a huge pain :(