1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drop in computer-rated MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by MyPriusRocks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. MyPriusRocks

MyPriusRocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK, this may rate one of those wall-bashing emoticons, but I truly have searched to see if I can find a posting on this topic--this is a huge chat forum! Anyway, here's my posting (I've lurked here several times in the last year+, but never needed to post before. thanks for all the help you've provided up to now).

I got my 2007 Prius in Feb 07, and I love it. Last spring when the weather was mild and I had broken both it and myself in, I got over 60 MPG a few times, and regularly got 55. In spring/summer 08, according to my dash computer system, I'm generally getting 49.5-50.2, but never higher than 53. This is w/o a/c, w/ the same driving patterns I had last spring (and I haven't put on weight, so that's not it, either). I've checked my tire pressure, and it was fine.

I have 15,400 on it and I'm scheduled for my 15K mile check up next week. Should I have them look at something else in the car while I'm at the dealership? Or does something in the 15K service help w/ this?

thanks for any advice,
    Karen

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How's your tire pressure? That's good for several MPG. Has the alignment been checked/adjusted lately? Potholes can knock it out of whack and hurt mileage while chewing up your tires.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the gas stations you use recently started selling E10 (gasoline with 10% ethanol; look for a notice on the pump) that could account for much of the difference.