1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drop in gas mileage, sluggish feeling

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sarah millender, Jul 25, 2017.

1. sarah millender

sarah millender New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    hello!

This is my first post here. I drive a 2007 Prius that has 204K. Yeah, I know. Anyways, my uncle changes my oil regularly for me and 2 months ago in May my I noticed after my uncle changed my oil that there was a sudden drop in mileage. I asked several times if he did anything differently and he said no. He changed the oil (5w-30 synthetic) and replaced the air filter. The car was getting an average of 41 MPG which has dropped to 35-37 MPG. The car feels like its sluggish when accelerating. About a month later I had BOTH batteries completely replaced. I am still having the same issue with my car, however. Still feels like it's dragging a lot. Any ideas on what I can do?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    needs major tune up

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Probably a tune up. Don't forget the cabin air filter. That can make a big difference, especially since you're probably using the air conditioner pretty heavily these days.

And the tire pressure.

4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Recommend you follow the Gen 2 Forum, not Gen 3. That's the correct spot for your 2007 Prius...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have someone besides your uncle check the oil level and make sure everything is sealed around the air cleaner, and the filter is installed properly.