1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drove 42 miles, and still on full tank!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by busyrosy, Apr 25, 2006.

1. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

OMG at this rate, my first real fill up after the courtesy fill up by the dealership might be in June :p This is quite fascinating...

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You may get as many as 150 miles into a tank before you lose the first bar on the gas gauge. I did on my last tank. Then you can brag to your friends and family about how far you've travelled and your car is still showing the tank is full. :)

3. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

Keep watching. I'm also on my courtesy fill. I'm approaching 200 and just drop the second tick on the way home today. About 250 miles and my old Taurus was about running on empty. This is way cool.

I don't know how you old timers put up with us newbies! :rolleyes: :lol:

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't get too excited..... I was over 100 the first bar but have only repeated that a few times. The whole bladder thing makes our tanks difficult to read. Just look at other gas threads and remember to gas up as soon as the last one starts to blink if not sooner. And remember that this car is like most, the first bit of gas takes a while to go away but once it starts to go down it seems to do so quickly.