1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drove my 06 Prius back home yesterday!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by coolfire74, Jan 6, 2006.

1. coolfire74

coolfire74 New Member

It is a 2006 classic silver, #7. I paid the price $100 below the MSRP at January 2nd, and waited for 2 days unitil the car is ready. So, I finally picked up my car yesterday. The dealer activated the GPS for me, and also gave me a lot (probably more than 20, maybe 50) valet card to me.

The car looks very nice, now I am trying to figure out everything. The GPS works great! I am just worried I might not get good MPG this month, since most of my time is just turn on the car, and sit there, and play around with the GPS, bluetooth phone, and so on.

By the way, just one question more, do you guys know how to transfer your contacts, phone book from your bluetooth phone to the car? Is it possible? I am using a PDA phone with bluetooth.

Thanks a lot! And also thanks for the encouragement before I finally decided to get this car.

PS. I guess you guys do not want more pics of a silver #7, right? I think there are a lot in this forum. :)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your purchase!!

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!! :D

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congratulations! :)

I wouldn't worry about mileage for that reason, most of the time the engine won't be running (except to keep the battery up).

As for tranferring, that should be in the manual. Largely it's pairing the phone and the Prius, then there's some buttons on the MFD to push. What carrier do you have? Verizon has crippled BT (ie no OPP) for all their phones (except for the Nokia 6256i), which prevents phone book tranferring.

5. coolfire74

coolfire74 New Member

Thanks!

I am using T-mobile service. I was trying to send my contacts info to the Prius through BT, the operation was done on PDA phone, but failed to receive it on prius. The phone is a iPAQ h6315 (WM2003). I could not find the button for sync the data or contacts from prius. :(

6. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

There are several threads on transferring contacts. Here is one that might help if you are with Verizon.
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=12872&hl=transfer